M.A.P.S. hits the target pursued by the Erasmus + Programme in the field of sport
M.A.P.S. project objectives correspond to the specific objectives pursued by the Erasmus + Programme in the field of sport, in particular to promote the awareness of health-enhancing physical activity, through increased participation in and equal access to sport for all, innovative synergies between the fields of health, education, training and youth, better participation of sport organizations and other relevant organizations from various Programme Countries.
The partnership will also support the implementation of Europe2020 strategy, specifically engaging the fight against social exclusion and answering Italian specific recommendation (Csr) nr.4 (The labor market, wage setting and social policies) for an inclusive growth.
In particular, the action is inspired by § 2.1 of EU document “White Paper on Sport” (EU commission, 2007), considering “the importance of taking pro-active steps to reverse the decline in physical activity. […] Lack of physical activity reinforces the occurrence of overweight, obesity and a number of chronic conditions such as cardio-vascular diseases and diabetes, which reduce the quality of life, put individuals' lives at risk and are a burden on health budgets and the economy”.
“Based on experience gained during the 2004 European Year of Education through Sport, the Commission encourages support for sport and physical activity through various policy initiatives in the field of education and training, including the development of social and civic competences in accordance with the 2006 Recommendation on key competences for lifelong learning”.
Furthermore, the project leads to increase levels of participation in sport, physical activity and voluntary activity.
- Increased knowledge and awareness regarding sport and physical activity in Programme Countries
- Increased awareness of as regards the role of sport in promoting social inclusion, equal opportunities and health-enhancing physical activity
- Strengthened cooperation between institutions and organizations active in the field of sport and physical activity
- Better participation of sport organizations and other relevant organizations from various Programme Countries in enhanced networks
- Improved sharing of good practices
Moreover, in accordance with the Collaborative Partnership objectives, the project aims to:
- Encourage participation in sport and physical activity, especially by supporting the implementation of the EU Physical Activity
- Guidelines Promote voluntary activity in sport